Conversations With God: Book 4 by Neale Donald Walsch
One Line Summary
It’s time for humanity to wake up
Yes, there is a fourth Conversations With God book. It just came out only a few months ago.
This should come as a shock to anyone who has been following Walsch for a while now. There hasn’t been a new book in this series for years.
If you know my story, these books have played an important role in my growth. So when I saw there was a fourth book, I was shocked and had to pick it up.
The subtitle of this book is awaken the species. If you’ve been paying attention to the world, you may be seeing that there’s a shift going on in the way people think. There is an awakening happening to our species, and this book is here to address this happening.
Much of the information in this fourth book is rehashed from the previous three. However, there is some new content as well that can shed some interesting light as far as humanity’s awakening.
Why it’s Awesome
When I had the large awakening experience last year, one of the things that I struggled with was that it felt isolating. There didn’t seem to be anyone I knew going through this or who could relate.
I couldn’t have been more wrong.
I’m convinced at this point that not only is awakening a relatively common experience, it’s kind of the thing to do. This is what humanity has been missing.
In Book 4 of CWG, Walsch says essentially the same thing. Awakening is what needs to happen now, and it is happening.
Have you noticed that no matter what we do, we can’t seem to fix the same world problems we’ve been having since the beginning?
We can’t stop killing each other. We can’t stop hating each other. We can’t stop destroying our planet. We can’t stop people from starving (despite an overabundance of food for many). We can’t make sure everyone has shelter. On and on the list goes.
These are things we would think would be the first thing an advanced species would have figured out. After all, we can travel into space and build atom bombs. But we can’t seem to take care of even the basics.
Look, I get it. I’m certainly nowhere near perfect in this area either. We’ve all got a million reasons for why this is the case.
And yet, I can’t deny that this fundamentally doesn’t make sense.
So the question becomes why haven’t we been able to solve the essential problems of humanity after thousands of years of trying? Are human beings really just that fucked up? Is the solution really another government policy or Red Cross charity dinner?
No. It’s more fundamental to all of that.
The first step is a shift in consciousness.
We have to start looking inward as a species. Everyone is so concerned with trying to find the answer outside that they haven’t considered that maybe the problem lies between their ears.
The fact is external solutions have failed us. They’ve failed for hundreds, if not thousands of years. It’s time to bite the bullet and do what we’ve all been avoiding: taking a look inside.
Yes, that means working through all those inner fears that you don’t want to even think about. But that this point we may not have a choice.
According to Walsch, our species is still essentially an infant in terms of maturity. Our technology exceeds our ability to properly use it. If we do not awaken, we may literally self-destruct as a species.
I’m not trying to scare you. Personally I’m optimistic about the future. But that is the situation as Walsch has seen it.
So what does Walsch say it means to be spiritually awake? Does this mean you’re better than everyone and should start wearing robes and sandals?
No. What is means is that you’ve seen through the illusion of separation between you and your environment. You’re aware that everything is an individual expression of the Divine.
So how does this relate to creating a world we want to live in?
It’s mind-blowingly simple. A species that is awake would not have the problems we are having.
In CWG Book 3, Walsch introduces the topic of Highly-Evolved Beings (HEBs). HEBs are more or less another way of saying you’re awake. It DOES NOT imply you are “better than” those who are not awaken.
I’m going to give you the list of 16 characteristics Walsch uses to describe HEBs. WARNING, THIS LIST IS HIGHLY CONTROVERSIAL. Examine it and decide for yourself what you think.
- An awakened species sees the Unity of All Life and lives into it. Humans in an unawakened state often deny it or ignore it.
- An awakened species tells the truth, always. Humans in an unawakened state too often lie, to themselves as well as others.
- An awakened species says one thing and will do what they say. Humans in an unawakened state often say one thing and do another.
- An awakened species, having seen and acknowledged what is so, will always do what works. Humans in an unawakened state often do the opposite.
- An awakened species does not embrace a principles that correlates with the concepts that humans refer to as “justice” and “punishment”.
- An awakened species does not embrace a principles in its civilization that correlates with the concept that humans refer to as “insufficient”.
- An awakened species does not embrace a principle in its civilization that correlates with the concept that humans refer to as “ownership”.
- An awakened species shares everything with everyone all the time. Humans in an unawakened state often do not, only sharing with others in limited circumstance.
- An awakened species creates a balance between technology and cosmology; between machines and nature. Humans in an unawakened state often do not.
- An awakened species would never under any circumstances terminate the current physical expression of another sentient being unless asked directly by that other being to do so. Humans in an unawakened state often kill other humans without that other human requesting them to.
- An awakened species would never do anything that could potentially damage or harm the physical environment that supports the members of the species when they are physicalized.
- An awakened species never poisons itself.
- An awakened species never competes.
- An awakened species is clear that it needs nothing. Humans in an unawakened state often create a need-based experience.
- An awakened species experiences and expresses unconditional love for everyone. Humans in an unawakened state often cannot imagine even a Deity who does this, much less do they do it themselves.
- An awakened species has harnessed the power of metaphysics.
Again, this is a highly controversial list. I know many people who read this will take offense to this because it seems like an indictment of how people are living.
But asking these kinds of question is what it means to look inward. We cannot improve our behavior and our world if we don’t first examine where we could be making mistakes and having a conversation about it.
So let’s put ego aside for a moment. Does this list sound like a world you’d like to live in?
If yes, then it starts with you. Unconscious behavior just creates more destruction, no matter how well intended or rationalized out.
If you’re wondering how do I do this work, you’re in luck. This is ultimately what AurumReviews.com and my YouTube channel are about. The tangible goals like getting healthy and making more money are important, but awakening is the real deal so to speak.
By the way, I know some readers who are deep into this work would say this list just sounds like moralization, and that there’s no way you could predict what an awakened person would do.
Maybe true. But we’re talking about whole societies, not individuals. That’s a key distinction because social conditioning effects everyone.
So do I completely agree with Walsch’s list? Not necessarily. But if nothing else it provides an ideal place to shoot for.
The vast majority of the rest of this book is just Walsch explaining these characteristics in more nuanced detail and how this would actually work in a society. If you’re skeptical about whether or not human beings could ever really live this way, read this book. It will clear up a lot of questions you have up.
I know many people will argue this book is way too idealistic. And I get it, humans beings haven’t exactly demonstrated a capacity to live this way.
But what I’ve learned about life is that we usually know the right answer. We often just don’t have the courage or awareness to act on it.
The belief that society has to stay this way because “that’s just how people are” is bullshit. And when you think that way, you create that reality by reinforcing it with your actions.
Imagine if everyone didn’t think our situation was hopeless. Imagine if everyone didn’t believe we are just victims of evolution or a cruel God or whatever.
How would life change?
As above, so below. If you admit that taking 100% responsibility makes sense for your personal life, then why doesn’t it also make sense for society?
Why Does It Suck
This book can definitely come off self-righteous at times. And maybe you’re thinking the same thing about this post.
So don’t take any of this too seriously, just play with these ideas. See if they make sense.
Also, if you’ve read a lot of Walsch’s material before, than this book will likely be a lot of repeat. So weigh your options before investing in reading this.
The Wrap Up
If you feel you’re a lightworker / wayshower, you’ve got to read this book. If you feel you’re part of the awakening consciousness here on Earth, read this book. It will help inspire you and point you in the right direction of your purpose here in life.